Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't Let Seattle Steal This Election

Dino Rossi for Governor

“Don’t let Seattle steal this election!”

My job takes me all over Eastern Washington fixing people’s appliances. Driving around, I have seen this billboard in probably 50 or more places and it bugs me.

I could see myself having a little sympathy or Dino Rossi after the last election, knowing how close heated the race was. I also remember thinking and hearing that it’s important, for unity’s sake, to let things go at a certain point, right or wrong. I admit to not knowing enough about state politics to strongly back Rossi or Gregoire. I do expect Rossi to claim to be very pro-business and Gregoire to claim a progressive front. Beyond that I know little and have no preformed opinions.

So, being an objective, undecided voter, I find myself automatically repulsed that Rossi’s campaign would appeal to the worst in people. They at least could have been a little more subtle or tactful and gone with something like, “Elect Dino Rossi… again!” Do they think the voter so blunt as to not register any other slogan than one so obtuse?

…sad…

No comments: